Well Woman Health Screen
*NB. Non-urgent investigations (including routine Health Screens) are not permitted currently by the hospital.*
We provide women with a health screen tailored to them. Following a discussion with the doctor, further investigations can be added to the package as required.
The consultation and testing time is 45 minutes plus a 20 minute follow up appointment. You may be asked to complete a health questionnaire before your appointment.
- Detailed medical history is captured by a health questionnaire and reviewed by the doctor. This covers aspects of medical and family history as well as diet and lifestyle
- Urine analysis
- Height, weight, body mass index
- Blood pressure
- Full medical examination with the doctor with ample time for discussion of specific problems
- Blood analysis – over 40 different tests including tests for anaemia, liver and kidney function, thyroid function, cholesterol, blood glucose and vitamin D level.
- Diabetes marker: HbA1C
- Full gynaecological history
- Breast examination and instructions on self-examination if requested
Includes a follow up appointment in person, or by phone if preferred, (20 mins) with the same doctor (allow a minimum of 3 working days for pathology results to be received). This is a comprehensive discussion of investigations and examination findings. A cardiovascular health risk score is calculated and discussed along with any other appropriate diet and lifestyle advice. You will receive a hard copy of your blood test results.
Examples of additional tests (*please note these are hospital fees and may be subject to change):
- STI (sexually transmitted infections) testing by blood or urine: from £145
- Pelvic examination and Cervical smear/HPV testing: £180
- Pelvic ultrasound: *£254
- FIT/FOB (stool testing for blood): £73.50
- Chest X-ray : £155*
- Abdominal ultrasound: £250*
- Resting ECG: £100*
- Exercise ECG (treadmill test): £500*
- Echocardiogram (ultrasound examination of the heart): £300*
- 24 hour blood pressure monitor: £150*