Stopping smoking can make drastic improvements to your lifestyle and health in many ways.
Once you stop smoking, some of the benefits are immediate and some are longer-term.
Benefits to you:
- You save money
- Your sense of taste will return and you will enjoy the taste of food more
- Your breathing and general fitness will improve
- The appearance of the skin around your mouth, and teeth will improve
- Your fertility levels will improve, along with your chances of having a healthy pregnancy and baby.
Benefits to those around you:
- You will no longer expose loved ones to second-hand smoke
- You will reduce the chances of your children suffering from bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma attacks, meningitis and ear infections
Our doctors will discuss with you the different options to help you stop smoking. Examples are Nicotine Replacement Therapies or NRT medications (patches, gum, lozenges, microtabs, inhalators and nasal sprays) and also Champix tablets (varenicline).
Regular follow-up appointments with the doctor may be needed to monitor your progress and prescribe any medications you will need.Back to services overview